Listed below are the answers to the most common questions asked by people considering a Real Estate License:
1. How do I get my real estate license?
2. Do you have day classes for Principles of Real Estate?
3. How much money can I expect to make as a real estate agent?
4. Is it difficult to find a company to work with after I get my sales license?
5. Is it necessary to have high school or college education to get my license?
6. How old do you need to be to take the Principles of Real Estate class?
7. Is this a good time to enter the real estate business?
8. Is there a time limit for completing the correspondence course?
9. What is involved in completing a correspondence course?
10. Is the class approved by the Virginia Real Estate Board?
11. Do you place people in jobs once theyve completed your licensing course?
12. Where do I go to take the state licensing exam?
13. Is the state real estate test difficult?
1. Getting your real estate salesperson’s license is basically a two step process.
First you complete a Principles of Real Estate class that is approved by the Virginia Real Estate
Board. After completing the class, you take the State licensing exam. Once you’ve passed
the exam, you’re ready to affiliate with a Broker.
2. We try to vary our schedules to accommodate the needs of as many people as we can.
Please check the current schedule of classes.
3. One of the great things about the real estate business is that no one sets a limit on
how much money you earn. You determine the amount based on your goals and aspirations
and how much you want to work.
4. Not at all. To expand and grow, a real estate brokerage needs new licensees.
There’s a steady demand for new talent in this field.
5. Yes, you need a high school diploma or equivalent/GED. There is no college degree required.
Simply complete the Principles of Real Estate class and pass the State licensing exam.
6. There is no age requirement to take the Principles of Real Estate class. However, you must
be at least 18 years of age to take the State exam and get a salesperson’s license.
7. If you like working with people and you have an affinity for real estate, it’s always a
great time to get started. In most any economic cycle there are opportunities for people
who want to succeed.
8. There’s no deadline for completing the home study version of Principles of Real Estate.
But, we do recommend that you set a schedule of completion yourself so that you don’t
9. Simply follow the guidelines provided with the course. When you’re ready, make
arrangements to complete the tests. You may take them individually or all at one time.
10. The Principles of Real Estate course is approved by the Virginia Real Estate Board.
11. We don’t do job placement, mainly because you won’t need it. There are many
Brokers who are continually looking for new licensees to join their sales team. Of course,
we’re available to answer any of your questions.
12. As part of your course materials, you will be given a PSI booklet. PSI is the company
that provides the State exam. Test sites located throughout the state are listed in the booklet.
13. The state exam is appropriately challenging. But the Principles of Real Estate class will
prepare you to pass the exam, if you follow the guidance of your Real Estate Academy instructor.
Return to top of page.